Enabling a negative calorie adjustment from your integration with a total daily calorie partner will give you the most accurate information about your calorie expenditure for the day. A negative calorie adjustment indicates that you are using fewer calories on a given day than our original MyFitnessPal estimate.
To enable negative calorie adjustments in your diary:
- log into https://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/login
- Click on "My Home" then "Settings" then "Diary settings"
- Check the box for "Enable Negative Adjustments" then click "Save Changes."
We recommend enabling negative adjustments if:
- you expect to wear your tracking device consistently
- you would like the most accurate calorie feedback MyFitnessPal can provide
- your device is able to sync its data multiple times over the course of the day
We recommend disabling negative adjustments if:
- you do not expect to wear your device consistently
- you do not want your calorie adjustment to go into the negative (taking away calories to eat)
- you wish to use the device only for the motivational experience of earning additional calories