You can create a group as follows:
On a Desktop Browser:
• To reach the Groups feature, first, click the "Community" tab at the top of the website.
• Then, click “Groups”. Finally, click the blue icon “New Group” on the top right of the page.
• To reach the Groups feature, first, click "More" then "Community".
• Then, click the menu on the top of the screen (3 horizontal lines) and select “Groups”. Finally, click the blue icon “New Group” on the top right.
Your Group will need a unique name, and a brief description. You may optionally add images for your Group’s icon and banner. The following photo extensions can be used: png, gif, jpg, jpeg.
Pixel dimensions for these pictures are:
- Banner: 1164 x 200 pixels
- Icon: Circle (it will be resized to fit)
Finally, you’ll decide if your Group is Private (invitation only) or Public (any user of MyFitnessPal can join). Groups are Public by default unless you select otherwise.
If you decide to create a public group, other users can search for your group with the groups' search feature.
If you decide to create a private group, your group will not be searchable via the groups' search feature. In order to share your group, please send an invitation to the users you'd like to join. Or if you'd like to join a private group, send a private message to the group owner and request to join the group. (Please note that you'll need to know who the group owner is to send them a message.) To view 'How to Invite Members to my Private Group', please see this article.
Here is a link to our Community Guidelines. Please note that all Community Guidelines, including the group-specific guidelines, must be upheld in Groups.