If you're experiencing an issue with your Fitbit activity and Step data updating to your MyFitnessPal app on iOS or Android, please try following these exact steps, which resolve the issue in most instances. We are working on a long term fix to prevent the situation solved by the process outlined below.
Launch the MyFitnessPal app, then in the Menu (or "More" page), tap Apps, and disconnect from Fitbit there.
Then log out or force quit the app. Please make sure you know your username and password before doing so. If you need to reset your password please visit https://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/forgot_password (your username should be included the body of that email, and please note it will Not be the same as your email address).
Then perform the following:
- Log into your Fitbit account at www.fitbit.com
- Click the gear icon, then settings
- Next click Applications
- Then Click the blue 'Revoke Access' button for MyFitnessPal- Then go to the www.MyFitnessPal.com website in a web browser (not the mobile app) and relink your Fitbit device via the main Apps tab, https://www.myfitnesspal.com/apps/show/30
Finally, log back into the MyFitnessPal app, go back to Steps, and reassign Fitbit as your step source.
At this point if you are not seeing information transfer automatically, please email our support team at https://myfitnesspal.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new.
Articles in this section
- What is the App Gallery?
- What kind of products and apps work with MyFitnessPal?
- How does MyFitnessPal work with the Apple Watch?
- How to Link with Fitbit
- Garmin Connect app is not syncing with MyFitnessPal - Troubleshooting
- Google Fit FAQ and Troubleshooting
- Samsung Health app is not syncing with MyFitnessPal - Troubleshooting
- How do I link or unlink MyFitnessPal with an App Gallery partner?
- Scale or Weight partners: What information is synced with MyFitnessPal?
- Individual Cardio Exercise partners: What information is synced with MyFitnessPal?