For the most part, the apps and the site work very similarly. The data you enter is synchronized between the web and any of our apps, so your data will be identical on your mobile device and the website. The website does offer additional features and settings beyond what is currently available in the apps. Here are some examples of additional options on the MyFitnessPal website:
- Support forums and tools to communicate with a huge community of other MyFitnessPal members who are also trying to lose weight or get fit.
- Custom tools to measure your BMI or BMR
- Website badges and weight loss tickers to promote your progress
- Additional graphs and reports to monitor your progress
- More settings to allow you to customize your experience or modify your account (change username, change password, etc…)
By using both the mobile app and the website you can have the flexibility to access your account wherever you are, in addition to utilizing the additional features above.