Enabling a negative calorie adjustment from your integration with a total daily calorie partner will give you the most accurate information about your calorie expenditure for the day. A negative calorie adjustment indicates that you are using fewer calories on a given day than our original MyFitnessPal estimate.
The option for allowing negative calorie adjustments can be found by logging in to your account at www.myfitnesspal.com, then clicking "My Home" then "Settings" then "Diary settings". Check the box for "Enable Negative Adjustments" then click "Save Changes." Your settings will take effect the next time data syncs from your device.
We recommend enabling negative adjustments if:
- you expect to wear your tracking device consistently
- you would like the most accurate calorie feedback MyFitnessPal can provide
- your device is able to sync its data multiple times over the course of the day
We recommend disabling negative adjustments if:
- you do not expect to wear your device consistently
- your device can only sync occasionally, or only late in the day
- you wish to use the device only for the motivational experience of earning additional calories