How To Link with Health Connect
To Link Health Connect:
- Open MyFitnessPal app
- Find Apps & Devices under the Menu
- Search for Health Connect and then tap Connect.
- You should see a pop up for permissions regarding the Health Connect integration.
- Turn the integration On and then allow all permissions (needed for sync to work properly)
- Please note you will need to scroll down on this pop up to see all of the permissions.
- Finally, Tap Done to finish the set up.
*Health Connect is only compatible with Android Version 10 or higher as well as MyFitnessPal Android Version 22.22.0 or higher. It is not compatible with iOS.
To Set Health Connect as your Step Source:
- Open MyFitnessPal app
- Find Steps under the Menu (More...)
- Select Health Connect
What Syncs Between Health Connect and MyFitnessPal?
Whenever a users logs food on MFP, it will automatically be posted to Health Connect, where it will appear as a meal summary (not individual foods). Meal summaries will sync starting on the day the two accounts are linked.
*Please note: Only the default Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Snack headers will sync to their associated meal. Custom Meal names will not sync to Health Connect, foods logged under a custom heading will be displayed under "Other" as one sync.
These items are synced to the user’s MyFitnessPal account and can be viewed at http://www.myfitnesspal.com by clicking "My Home" then "Check-In" on the website, or by reviewing the "Progress" area in the Android app.
When a user logs their cardio exercise on MyFitnessPal, this information is synced to their Health Connect account. Cardio Exercise synced to Health Connect from third party apps will sync to MyFitnessPal as long as they have a duration and calorie burn and are synced before midnight of the date performed.
*Please note: Exercise logged in MyFitnessPal through other third-party apps (Garmin, Polar, etc) will not sync to Health Connect.
Water consumption logged in MyFitnessPal will sync to the user’s Health Connect account. This sync only works in one direction, so the user must log water consumption in MyFitnessPal only for this to work.
Users who sync their Glucose information from their Dexcom G6 app to Google Health Connect can view that information in the MyFitnessPal Android application.
Users who sync their Sleep information into Health Connect can view that information in the MyFitnessPal application.
How often do Health Connect and MyFitnessPal sync with each other?
MyFitnessPal and Health Connect sync periodically throughout the day or when an exercise is logged. You can also force sync the apps at any time by opening the MyFitnessPal app >> Menu >> Scroll to the bottom and select Sync
Health Connect and MyFitnessPal are not Syncing
If you find that your Health Connect is still not syncing properly with your MyFitnessPal app on Android, could you please try unlinking Health Connect in our app, uninstalling and reinstalling our program, then relinking Health Connect to see if that helps?
Following these steps in this order should reset the connection:
First go into MyFitnessPal, open the Menu and find Apps & Devices. Find the Health Connect integration and disconnect. Next you will want to uninstall and then reinstall the MyFitnessPal app on your device.
*Note: Please make sure you know your username and password before reinstalling the app. Also, please note that any information that has not previously synced will be lost. Please make sure your information is found online at www.MyFitnessPal.com (sign in with the same username and password as the app). If you are seeing your information online, it will sync back to the app*
Here's what you need to do to uninstall and reinstall the app:
- Before you start please make sure you have your username/email address & password available
- First try manually syncing the app by going to Menu/... >> scroll to the bottom and hit Sync
- Log in to the website (www.myfitnesspal.com) to ensure your diary is updated properly
- If you do not see your data on the website, please save anything you don't want to lose somewhere independent of MyFitnessPal. Any information not displayed on the website will not sync back to the app after the reinstall
- Close the MyFitnessPalapp >> Phone Settings>>Apps(App Info)>> Find and OpenMyFitnessPal
- TapStorage >>ClearCache>> Go Back one screen
- Fullyrestartyour device
- ReinstallMyFitnessPal and log into the app
- Open the Menu >> Apps & Devices >> Find Health Connect
- Tap Connect >> When prompted turn for permissions turn on All permissions
At this point if you are not seeing information transfer automatically, please email our support team at https://myfitnesspal.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new for additional assistance.