How to Link Fitbit
You can link your Fitbit account from our website, as well as from our Android and iOS apps.
Once you have registered your Fitbit tracker and created an account at fitbit.com:
On the Web, simply Log into www.myfitnesspal.com, then go to the "Apps" tab (or visit this link) and click "Connect Accounts", which should be directly above the "Buy" Option on the right hand side.
Or in our Android and iOS apps, launch the MyFitnessPal app and click on the Menu in the upper-left corner for Android, or click on More••• on iOS, then Scroll to "Apps & Devices", scroll down to Fitbit Tracker, then hit the blue "Connect" button. Once you select this, you will be taken to a page to re-sign into MyFitnessPal. Please use the same email/password you're using in the app.
You will then be taken to a page at Fitbit.com where you can authorize the connection between your MyFitnessPal account and your Fitbit account. (If you are not already logged in at Fitbit.com, you will need to log in before you can complete the authorization).
If you are having an issue connecting within an app, simply connect via our website and the connection will transfer to the apps. To double check that the connection has been made, you can go to the website at www.MyFitnessPal.com, then go to the "Apps" tab. On that page you should see a list of your current connected apps, and Fitbit should now be one of them.
Please also note once the accounts have been connected, only future information will transfer over.
After you have linked your accounts go to the main menu on the app, then settings, then Steps, and put a check next to Fitbit. If you are on the website, you can select your step tracker here. This will then allow for your Fitbit steps to be shown along with your adjustment.
How to Unlink Fitbit
- Go to our main website at www.MyFitnessPal.com, then to the Apps tab, then find Fitbit on the right, click on it and then disconnect.
- Then log into your Fitbit account at www.fitbit.com, click the gear icon, then settings, next click Applications, then Click the blue 'Revoke Access' button and revoke access for MyFitnessPal
- It's important to make sure Fitbit has been disconnected on both MyFitnessPal and Fitbit
- Once disconnected, please wait 15 minutes
- Go back to www.MyFitnessPal.com website (not the Fitbit or MFP app) and relink your Fitbit device via the main Apps tab, or https://www.myfitnesspal.com/apps/show/30
- Once you have reconnected, go back to the Apps tab online and make sure Fitbit is now showing on the right hand side of the page under Your Apps
Another account is already linked to this Fitbit
If you receive the error message, Another account is already linked to this Fitbit, please contact support and let us know your Fitbit User Id? This will allow us to help you in the best way possible.
Log in to Fitbit.com and click on your profile photo.
This will take you to your Profile and now copy the URL at the top and paste it in the email to us letting us know it's already showing as linked. ( it will look something like )