For foods that you regularly eat together, saving them as a Meal lets you easily add them to your diary as a group. For example, you can create a Meal called "Two eggs and cereal" consisting of two eggs a bowl of cereal, and milk. You can then add this as a group, instantly, instead of adding each item separately. You can also save a single item as a meal, if finding that item in your Meals list adds convenience.
To create a Meal, just log the items you'd like to combine to one section of your diary, then:
On the Web
- Click "Quick Tools" then "Remember Meal"
- Give the meal a name.
- Click either the green "Save Meal" button to save as a new meal, or click the green "Or, Replace An Existing Meal" button to do as the name suggests.
In our iOS apps and our Android app
For items already logged in your diary...
- Tap the "Edit" at the top left of your diary
- Tap the selection box next to each item you'd like to include in the remembered meal. You can select items from the same diary meal, or include items from multiple meals.
- Tap the "Save Meal" button.
- Give the meal a name and tap "Save New" or tap "Save as.." to replace an existing meal (iOS apps, tap the check mark)
- To quickly create a meal from all of the items logged in one diary category, tap the "More" button under that meal.
Creating meal from scratch...
- Go to the drop down menu or more page
- Tap My Meals, Recipes & Foods
- Select Meals tab
- Tap "Create a Meal"
- Then add Meal name, photo (optional) and food items
- When finished, make sure to hit the Save button on the top right.
When you are logging food in the future, you'll find your remembered meals in the "Meals" tab of the food search screen.
For information on editing or deleting remembered meals, please see this article.
Article is closed for comments.