By default, the MyFitnessPal Home screen shows your daily calorie goal, and your remaining calories, derived by adjusting your goal based on food you've eaten and exercise you've performed.
This at-a-glance summary serves most users well, but others may wish to customize the data shown on the Home screen dashboard.
Users who upgrade to MyFitnessPal Premium can select from several pre-set dashboard views, or may customize the view by selecting up to three nutrients to track, in addition to calories remaining. Pre-configured views include tracking options for Heart Healthy diets, those tracking a Low Carb diet, or, as shown here, a Macronutrients view for those users monitoring their daily intake of fat, carbs, and protein. (image: iOS app)
To change the dashboard view:
- Select the (...) on the top right (iOS/Android) or Change (Web)
- You should have 5 options
- Calorie Focus (shows total calories consumed, burned and remaining)
- Macronutrient Focus (shows carbs, protein, fat and calories remaining)
- Heart Healthy (shows fat, sodium, cholesterol and calories remaining)
- Low Carb (shows carbs, sugar, dietary fiber and calories remaining)
- Custom (select any 3 nutrients to display and calories remaining)
- Your selection will not transfer to your diary, so you'll either need to update the Diary dashboard or you can select something different. (Web users will not have a diary dashboard)