Yes, it is possible to ignore a user in the forums.
In a Desktop Browser:
- To begin, click the "Community" tab at the top of the website.
- Find the user you'd like to ignore in a discussion.
- Click on their username, then click on either their "Discussions" or "Comments". This will take you to their profile page.
- Click on the person icon on the right side of your screen, then press "Ignore".
- A box will pop up and ask for you to confirm that you'd like to ignore that user. Select Ok.
- Going forward, any posts made by the member you've ignored will appear greyed out.
You can also ignore a user by going to your Ignore List and adding their username.
How to unignore a user:
- To Unignore a user you've already ignored, follow the same steps above, except instead of clicking ignore, select "unignore".
- Find the user you wish to set back to normal, and click “Unignore.”
Please note: Members are able to ignore anyone in the forums, including MFP Staff and Moderators. Please proceed with caution when ignoring mods and staff. If you are participating in a discussion and a moderator posts that if certain behavior continues and you are ignoring that mod and continue that behavior, you will still be subject to a warning. Mods will not be responsible for knowing (this is confidential) who is ignoring them. Likewise, please do not call out or share the list of people you are ignoring, this will be considered an attack.